ACTC is a membership driven professional association concerned with the improvement of liberal education through the use of core texts. Membership is open to all who have an interest in liberal education and is determined before each annual meeting to be those who have paid their annual contributory dues on or before the opening of the annual conference. Corporate, institutional membership is also available, determined by the contribution of an institution to ACTC on or before the annual conference.
Each member is entitled to vote on each matter submitted to the membership during its annual business meeting or through a specially called election. A corporate member may designate one representative to vote in all membership meetings and specially called elections. No person may exercise two votes.
Members are called upon to vote for both the Advisory Board representatives and the Officers of ACTC. Nominations to the Board may come from the membership or the Advisory Board. The Officers are President, Executive Director, Associate Director, and Treasurer.
ACTC Board of Directors
- Scott Ashmon, Assistant Provost for Undergraduate Education, Concordia University--Irvine
- Emma Cohen de Lara, Assistant Professor of Social Sciences, University of Amsterdam
- Daniel Cullen, Professor of Political Science, Rhodes College
- David DiMattio, Dean for the College of Arts & Sciences, Clarke University
- Molly McGrath, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Assumption College
- Richard Kamber, Professor of Philosophy, College of New Jersey
- Joseph Knippenberg, Professor of Politics, Oglethorpe Universit
- Dale Larson, Director of Finance, Dallas Theological Seminary
- Page Laws, Dean, Honors College Emerita, Norfolk State University
- Roosevelt Montas, Director of the Center for the Core Curriculum, Columbia University
- Joshua Parens, Professor of Philosophy and Politics, University of Dallas, President of ACTC
- José M. Torralba, Director of the Core Curriculum Institute, University of Navarra
- Charlotte Thomas,Philosophy, Great Books, and McDonald Center, Mercer University; Executive Director of ACTC
- Joshua Parens, President
- Dale Larson, Treasurer
- Charlotte Thomas, Executive Director